30 day challenge. Warning!

30 day challenge. Warning!2015-05-14T18:07:04+00:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have just finished my 30 day Bikram Yoga challenge, but although it improved my poses and body shape a bit, I feel I paid a high price:

I believe that the detereation of my skin condition was directly down the challenge. The collegean condition of my skin is still above average for my age, but I find it difficult to attribute the wrinkles that have appeared in my forarms, neck and chest to any other cause, except ageing of course  I think this is maybe because of rapid weight loss and gain every day for 30 days.

What do you thing Gabrielle?

Regards,

perrec

satorisan
    Participant

Hello 🙂

I think that to which subjected your body was very hard. Anything can happen whenyou overdo it…namasté

Gli orchi esistono e del cucinar cadaveri han fatto un’arte

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hello perrec

I am wondering about your hydration. Before I was certainly concerned about the level of heat that you were subjecting yourself to. So satorisan is correct to a point. The information you have given is that you have undertaken a 30 day challenge. The historical information is that you have been in conditions I would consider too hot. So stress is definitely a factor.

The questions I could ask you are: Did you go for 30 days straight or take a day off every week? And what do you mean by weight loss AND gain?

Well done on completing your challenge.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

perrec
    Participant

Hi Gabrielle,

To answer your questions first.

Yes I did do the 30 days, but I missed two and as a result I had to do two classes on two days to catch up. And yes you are right, this was too much. I found it impossible to re-hydrate adequately between the classes. Being older, perhaps I become de-hydrated faster than younger people?

As to weight gain and loss, I meant the temporary loss of weight after each class, which is gained again with re-hydration. I thought that this might have been the cause of the skin wrinkling. This is my question.

Don’t get me wrong, there are benefits from the challenge as is well documented elsewhere, and I am sure for younger and fitter people it works well. But for me, I am wondering if it accelerated the ageing process.

But I am now doing two classes per week and enjoying them again too, but if I had the spare time again I would not do classes more than every other day.

Namaste

perrec

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top