lower back pain in savasana

lower back pain in savasana2010-10-29T04:15:25+00:00
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Gabrielle,

i just had a look through most of the posts in this part of the forum an d am super-impressed by your dedication, the time and care you put into helping your fellow yogis! Wow. I didn’t find anything that sounded like my case, though, so here goes … maybe you know what could be up.

I have done Bikram yoga for about 4 months now and truly love it. I’m naturally quite flexible (hypermobile joints my physio days), fit and strong, could do pretty much all the postures straight from the start. Good core strengths too, in any case i can see my abs in the mirror if that counts for anything.

However, about two weeks ago i started noticing pain in my lower back/ sacrum during savasana, and a ‘weird’ feeling during half moon. I pushed through it mostly, or separated my feet during savasana to alleviate the pain a bit. In the last class half moon was extremely uncomfortable, and in triangle i heard a loud pop in my left sacrum area (no pain), after which i could bring my hip way further forward and felt like a big break-through in the posture. The rest of the class i felt very unstable and kinda wobbly inside but finished and didn’t think much of it.

The next day i could hardly get out of bed because of intense shooting pain in my lower back whenever i moved. even resting, there was still a deep ache strong enough to keep my from sleeping the next night. Went to the chiropractor the next day, and after adjustment the shooting pain has become gradually less intense, but still very achy and impossible to bend over or lie flat on my back with legs straight out front. Still a lot of pain when coughing or sneezing. When i sit in an armchair it helps to have my knees splayed out with feet touching in front, otherwise not much relief. No pain at all in buttocks or legs, so I think no herniated disc.

But I’d love to know what it could be and what i can do to make it better. My chiro advised to avoid yoga for at least 3-4 weeks argh!!

Thanks heaps
    Romy

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Everyone

Romy actually posted this thread elsewhere with a little more information too! So to read the continuing story, please go Here! 😉

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top