Problem with boney bunion

Problem with boney bunion2010-11-08T04:16:16+00:00
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have the start of a bunion on my right foot – as informed by a podiatrist. I find that this pose aggravates it & it is quite red & painful afterwards. Do you have any advice or suggestions?

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Lynda

Is your foot aggravated on the inside of your foot at the bunion site or is it on the top part of the foot?

Just wondering where you’re feeling it exactly…

In the meantime try getting on the floor now and point your knees out at an angle so your legs are in a V shape (your ankles should not bend and the tops of your feet should be on the floor). Try that and let me know.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

lyn13
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    It hurts on the top of the right foot. I have tried your suggestion of laying on the floor with my legs in a V- that is ok. It starts to hurt when I place hands on the feet & lean head back on the floor. I don’t have a problem with the camel pose though.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Lynda

Here are 2 things to try:

>> Try placing a hand towel under your feet or maybe a strip of yoga mat. See if that little bit of padding makes the difference for you.

>> If that doesn’t work then it may take a little time for you to work your way backwards to the floor. Don’t go back as far, just to that edge of discomfort.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Raja3000
    Participant

I know I’m about 2 years late from the date of this pose, but this might help someone else who is reading this. Your bunion will go away eventually from this strange, uncomfortable little pose. I have a terrible bunion that is improving frompresumably fixed firm. My bunion is so bad, it’s almost at a 45° angle, but little by little the pose helps it to straighten outhe tiniest bit and become inflamed with bursitis less often. I compare the pain to working out a kink

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top