Cannot sit on the floor, maybe because I'm bow-legged

Cannot sit on the floor, maybe because I'm bow-legged2012-01-26T18:25:02+00:00
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just cannot do this pose no matter how hard I tried, I have been practising hot yoga for a few years, but I cannot sit on the floor during this posture, no matter how wide my knees open….I just realized it may related with my bow legs….

What should I do?

plantbottle
    Participant

Help~~

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Carol

You’re frustrated I can tell! 😉

I am getting through the latest rush of posts and I promise I will get to you soon

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Forum Owner

Hi Carol

Is anything hurting? What else can you tell me about what happens when you try? What exactly are you doing? Be as specific as you can be, pretty please!

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

plantbottle
    Participant

Hi Carol

Is anything hurting? What else can you tell me about what happens when you try? What exactly are you doing? Be as specific as you can be, pretty please!

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Thank you, Gabrielle.

Yeah, the inner side of my knees are hunting so I cannot sit down any further.I think that probably related with my bow legs, as my knees turns in a little bit by themselves when I stay neutral….

Also I have problems with locking my knees. My legs look like a bigger bow when I tried to lock my knees, therefore I got very unbalanced and fall after a few seconds for other poses like Standing head to knee, standing bow and Balanced stick….

Sorry, too much questions 😛

Forum Owner

Hi Carol

No, that’s not too many questions… I apologise. I have been overloaded with forum questions and I just haven’t had the time to get to all of them! Yikes.

So please would you confirm for me if the tops of your feet are directly on the floor when you are sitting between your heels? Is there ANY space between hips and heels?

What exercises have you ever been given to balance out the bow leggedness? There is a muscle imbalance there that makes one side of your legs tighter and the other more stretched.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top