surgery – when to restart classes?

surgery – when to restart classes?2008-05-06T08:51:36+00:00
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all – How soon can you start up hot yoga again after breast augmentation surgery? I can’t wait to go back to classes. My doctor hasn’t even heard of this yoga, so he couldn’t provide any advice. Just for some background, I have been taking classes for about a year before my surgery. Thanks in advance.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hello!

If you have been doing yoga up until your surgery then chances are your healing has been fast-tracked! Getting back will probably help too.

What I suggest is waiting until any incisions are waterproof. That is, wait until you know that they are healed over enough not to be affected by moisture. Of course any tenderness in the breast area may make the belly down poses difficult. Well actually only Locust/Salabhasana and sometimes just lying on your tummy for Savasana. If you are feeling tender lying with your full body against the floor but can do everything else, then lie on the floor with your arms folded under your head and the pressure on your chest will be relieved. Other than that I am not sure what other reason would keep you away.

Do yoga!

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

yoga20082008
    Participant

Thank you Gabrielle. You give such awesome, sound advice. You’ve given me hope for getting back into the studio.

gummisteph
    Participant

Hey yoga20082008, just wanted to see what your experience was like getting breast augmentation and then returning to yoga. How long did you take off of yoga, and what struggles did you have when you returned? I’m thinking about getting a breast augmentation but they recommend taking one month (!) before any physical activity, and that seems just crazy to me! Anyway let me know what you experienced!

georgerussell1234
    Participant

I heard some imformations about doing yoga can makes the breast implants leak. Is that ture? Is there anyone who can still do yoga after surgery recovery?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top