ball of foot pain affects balancing

ball of foot pain affects balancing2012-11-28T20:22:09+00:00
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have problems with the balancing poses because of a dropped metatarcel on my left foot that causes either foot pain or foot numbness. It’s in the middle of the ball of my foot. I’m wondering if there might be a way to place my foot that takes the weight off of the problem area.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Patti

Are you saying that the ball of your foot hurts in all poses at all times? Is it possible that during the poses you are pressing into the toes to try and get the weight off the ball of the foot?

I would like just a little more info to be able to help you.

Which toes are affected specifically? Toe 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 (1 is big toe)

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

1sherbert
    Participant

I think it is the metatarsal of the middle toe. So in some of the standing, balancing on one foot positions I either feel like my foot might be going numb or these’s a little pain so I do try to compensate to avoid that happening. Thank you.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Patti

May I have some more info please?

> What happened to cause this problem? (Tell me if it’s relevant).
    > Is this a new thing?
    > What does your doc (?) say about fixing this? Is it possible or is it one of those injuries with no possibility of fixing? I understand that happens sometimes.
    > Do you get numbness and pain doing regular activities such as walking or standing or anything else?
    > What treatments have you ever had?
    > If you do get pain/numbness what relieves it? Is it just a function of not doing something, or do you get massage, or have to rub your own foot?

Whatever you can give me may give me more idea… or not :cheese: LOL I am aiming to get a better sense of the situation.

Just wondering as I close this post off, when you say you compensate I am wondering if you do that by bringing your weight into the left big (and poss second toe) to lift the middle part of the foot off the mat? Sort of leaving the outside of the foot light or completely off the floor. If that’s not right would you please put words to it?

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

1sherbert
    Participant

Hi Gabrielle, I had a running injury years back and have suffered from tarsel tunnel syndrome (the nerve behind the indise ankle bone) and have had professional orthodics made, had physical therapy, and it’s just one of those things that flares up from time to time. I actually think Bikram yoga has helped make my feet stronger.Awkward Pose is challenging because of do much weight on the balls of the feet. I just try to adjust the pressure so that my foot doesn’t get bothered and it changes from class to class. Is this a bad thing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top