Acne due to Bikram?

Acne due to Bikram?2014-01-22T02:31:11+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’ve been practicing regularly everyday for about 10 months now. When I first started I had a few breakouts here and there, in my research I read that it was very common to break within the first few months because your body is detoxing. For the last month or so my acne is progressed to cystic acne. I’m not sure what I’m doing that can be affecting it. During class I never touch my face and use a clean face towel during the floor series. After class I rinse off right away with an acne cleanser my doctor recommended. I’ve also been taking an antibiotic and birth control that’s suppose to help but it’s definitely made it worse. I never had acne before my Bikram practice so am feeling very discouraged. Everyone is class has amazing skin which makes me feel very self-consious. Did anyone else experience this when they first started? I was hoping it would of cleared up after 10 months but it’s getting worse everyday. I also have a very clean diet and plenty of water.

I would appreciate any recommendations, advise, or feedback! I love Bikram yoga and don’t want to stop my practice because of this issue.

Devigill
    Participant

I have been practicing Bikram for about 6 months now and I am nearing the end of my 30 day challenge (Day 26 – Yippy!)! I started off with a small breakout and I began using a clean face towel for when we were on the mat for the final part of class – this was to prevent any bacteria from my feet and also sweat going into my pores. I noticed a considerable difference.

However now that I am nearing the end of the challenge my skin is now breaking out again – I am not getting any pimples instead large red spots which are very painful.

I too would appreciate any feedback or any advice on this…Please! As it is beginning to make me very self conscious!

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi folks

May I suggest that putting the word ‘acne’ into the forum search facility (up the top of the page) will yield quite a number of entries already posted about people with acne, skin problems in general, rosacea and skin sensitivities?

I do not believe that we have enough information to generalise that all acne/skin conditions are a result of toxin flushing. On many occasions it has been dirty floors/feet etc or even cleaning agents used at home or at the studio. In other words, for a great proportion of skin conditions the problem is external. Systemic conditions can also be affected by external things. So I think we need more information and more investigation.

Cynthia, that pill you started taking was that before or after you started the yoga or started having the skin condition? I am assuming that the yoga came first. Can you think of anything else that has changed that also could possibly be a culprit?

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top