Un Expected Benifit

Un Expected Benifit2014-06-25T18:55:46+00:00
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi There

I have been hanging out reading the forum for a while. I started Bikram a month ago. I can see the benefits are huge. After attending the class a few times I stumbled across this website and greedily read everything I could about peoples experiences.

I started because I have had a few issues with my joints. I am hyper mobile and also double jointed which has caused many problems with dislocation of various joints including knee cap and ankles. More recently I have had a shoulder alignment issue which has been causing much discomfort.

I attended physio for some time but found myself in so much pain I couldn’t take it anymore. I have always been very active in the gym etc and someone mentioned Bikram to me.

I have felt all the benefits that have been mentioned. The weight loss, improved skin, sleep, body shape, muscle tone.

But the strangest thing – the biggest benefit has been looking into my own eyes for 90 minutes. I mean REALLY looking. Each day I see something different, I find myself thinking, I am not too bad actually. This probably seems ridiculous, but for me its not. I have always been hard on myself, thought I should be thinner, I should be more like the other women I work with ( I work in TV) all size 8 and perfectly turned out.

But for the first time in my entire life….

I like who I am and what I look like, WOW!

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Thank you Chloe

So eloquently and inspirationally put!

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top