Is it safe/beneficial to take a hot yoga class during a migraine headache?

Is it safe/beneficial to take a hot yoga class during a migraine headache?2014-08-21T19:18:39+00:00

The Hot Yoga Doctor – Free Bikram and Hot Yoga Resources Hot Yoga Doctor Forum General Hot Yoga Discussion Benefits of Hot Yoga Is it safe/beneficial to take a hot yoga class during a migraine headache?

The Hot Yoga Doctor – Free Bikram and Hot Yoga Resources Hot Yoga Doctor Forum General Hot Yoga Discussion Benefits of Hot Yoga Is it safe/beneficial to take a hot yoga class during a migraine headache?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am so desperate for this migraine to go away… I am wondering if a hot yoga class could help the migraine or do you think it would just make it worse?

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hello Tricia

Welcome to the forum. Triggers for migraines are numerous. What is or are your trigger/s? Migraines can be so debilitating: Nausea, sensitivity to light, dizziness, vomiting and so many manifestations. What happens for you? Do you hole yourself up in a room? Are you able to continue operating as you normally do, and just in pain (and less productive)?

As a sufferer of migraines, you would be aware of those people who say “I’ve got a migraine” when what they really mean is “I have a headache”. Those people might find that their headaches benefit from the class during their headache.

In my experience, most people with a migraine would avoid the room during a migraine because they simply cannot function. However, it is also my experience, that migraines occur less frequently once you develop a sufficiently frequent and regular practice.

How long have you had this particular migraine?

I hope you feel better soon. Do let me know how you go. Anyway I hope to see you back here with some responses to the above.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top