Carpal Tunnel

Carpal Tunnel2014-08-25T05:53:00+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been typing a lot lately and find my left wrist and little finger joint hurt, is there any hot yoga pose that can help me ease the pain or should I avoid some poses? I have been practicing bikram yoga for almost three years. I know when I get back to the class, I have to be more mindful now.

May

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi May

You can focus on yoga poses to help you, but actually you can do some counter-movement hand stretches during your day.

You can:

>> Interlock all your (8) fingers and push your palms away from you. You know, the way some people stretch out their knuckles.
    >> Press your fingers (not your palm) into the desk or counter-top, while you’re standing, cantilevering your hand. You lean into your fingers.
    >> Sit on the floor and arm behind you, (such as in Ardha Matsyendrasana, Spinal Twist) press your hand into the floor.

That should get you some movement and stretch back and realign your connective tissue much more favourably than the coiled up, tight feeling you most likely have at the moment!

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

mauvi3
    Participant

okay, thanks Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top