PAIN

PAIN2014-10-09T15:18:44+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

FIRST LET ME SAY I AM 69 YEARS OLD AND ONLY STARTED HOT YOGA ALMOST 4 MONTHS AGO. WITH THAT SAID, LET ME ALSO SAY BEFORE I STARTED I WAS RELATIVELY PAIN FREE. HAD THE OCCASIONAL PAINS HERE AND THERE BUT NOTHING CONSTANT. AFTER ALMOST 4 MONTHS I HAVE PAIN IN SEVERAL AREAS OF MY BODY. MY QUESTION IS – WILL THESE VARIOUS ACHES AND PAINS EVENTUALLY GO AWAY IF I KEEP DOING MY HOT YOGA OR ARE THEY ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE ?? I NOW HAVE PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK, MY SHOULDER, MY KNEES AND VARIOUS OTHER PARTS OF MY BODY. IF ANYONE HAS ANY ANSWERS OR ADVICE FOR ME I WOULD SURELY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS SO MUCH. NAMASTE !!
    BETTY

mzsocialworker1
    Participant

While the pain could certainly be from pushing yourself too hard in class, I wonder if it could be from something else? I find I often have pain if I sleep wrong or am lifting a lot.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Betty

I am so sorry that you are not feeling as satisfied as you should feel with your yoga practice. Betty, reading between the lines (aka, making assumptions about the way you do your practice because of the types of pain you seem to be experiencing), I can just about bet that these pains are due to classic bikram yoga problems to do with the classic bikram yoga script that you are most likely being taught.

I am thoroughly jetlagged at the moment and so, rather than go into a lot of questions (which I can do later), I suggest you go and look at several of my free videos that will outline some very important generalised practice principles, which, if followed WILL improve your practice and reduce and eliminate pain.

The other thing I implore you to do is to read this blog post.

All 4 of the videos are going to give you some excellent tips. The second one (with the size 3 ball) will also help improve your core strength which will in turn help reduce the pain in your lower back.

Please let me know how you go. I can delve more deeply into technique in a future post.

PS the videos are pretty lengthy so don’t feel compelled to watch them all in one sitting. Just take your time to digest them and follow their directions so that you can get the most out of them.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top