Hot Yoga Pain question ?

Hot Yoga Pain question ?2014-10-14T16:53:39+00:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been getting this really weird thing during some postures where I stretch slightly too far like bow and also after class on my right hip where the skin or perhaps muscle under the skin feels really tight and burns ? Any idea what that is ?

Thanks

Jon

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hello Jon

I am wondering if you can give me more detail on the problem please! Would you please tell me if you are only experiencing the issue with Standing Bow or is it Floor Bow as well? At what moment are you feeling this issue during the posture? Let me know which other poses you are feeling this sensation.

Can you tell me what you mean when you say you are stretching too far? Whereabouts on your hip do you feel the burning?

I would like some more details please so that I can ask you more of the right questions.

Would you be able to tell me if you are attending a scripted class? That can help me a lot in order for me to point you in the right direction.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

jpb17
    Participant

Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you for your reply . I attend a Bikram Yoga class about 3 times a week . The pain / tingling / burning is right at the top of my right hip . The postures where it hurts / makes it worse are standing bow and floor bow as I pull my right leg up and over my head .It’s tending to hurt during the day at the moment too . The only way I can describe it is a burning / tingling sensation under the skin along with some tightness.

Many Thanks

Namaste

Jon

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Jon

I am wondering if we can maybe change the focus on your bow poses. A little tweak to focus on the method of your bow poses differently.

So the first part of the process is finding out how you have actually been doing Standing Bow up until now.
    >> Do you currently grab your foot, stretch your arm up and then “charge your body forward” with your body and arm coming down toward the floor? These are the common instructions btw.
    >> When you are in Standing Bow do you find it easy to balance?
    >> How high is your leg behind you and is your body parallel to the floor?
    >> If you have any other challenges during this pose besides the sore hip, then let me know.
    >> Where are you looking?
    >> Could you stand there in the pose for ages? Do you feel strong and centred or is it a struggle to stay up for the duration? If you struggle, what is happening?

That’s a good start.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top