Sitting in the lounge after Bikram Yoga

Sitting in the lounge after Bikram Yoga2014-10-27T12:05:52+00:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

When I finish a bikram class people usually sit in the lounge and eat fruits, drink tea/water and talk with eachother. However after a class I’m always so soaked in sweat, that if I’d sit somewhere in the lounge I’d leave a puddle of sweat behind me on the chair or bench.

How do bikram people usually handle this? Do they go showering before sitting in the lounge? Do they sit on their towel? Please tell me what would be appropriate in this situation.

I just could imagine it being very unhygienic if everybody’s sitting in the sweat of the person who sat there before.

mzsocialworker1
    Participant

My studio everything is wood and the work studies constantly clean.

I would not think anything of it.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi andri0

I like to work with the idea that if I wouldn’t do it in my own home, I wouldn’t do it anywhere else.

The detail that hasn’t been ascertained is whether the seating area is material covered seating or a timber bench. In other words, is the seating washable or able to be cleaned up by the person seated once they leave?

The idea of sitting in anyone else’s puddle of sweat is not so attractive. Just as lying in someone else’s sweat puddle in the studio is off-putting too.

I have visited studios where there are padded lounge seats that get wet and are unable to dry. :grrr: I would much prefer for the person who leaves a mark to be responsible for its removal.

In gyms one is supposed to leave the equipment dry and sweat free when you move to another piece of equipment. I would think that that ‘rule’ would apply!

What are your thoughts?

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

mzsocialworker1
    Participant

Good points!

And a good reminder that every studio is different.

I know I’ve heard studio hoppers comment that they love mine because it is being constantly cleaned.

Maybe that’s not the case everywhere for reasons like this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top