Towels

Towels2014-11-22T19:12:36+00:00
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have never purchased an expensive towel for hot yoga.

Last time I was at the studio, the instructor was really advocating that they are worth the cost.

Is this the case? Is there a brand you recommend?

He said the cheaper ones they sell at Target and Walmart are not worth it and to go with a brand like yogitoes….

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Allison

I am asking myself what type of towel you might be considering. Is it one with the rubber nubs on it? One without? (I have one of each – both given to me.) One with grip on one side and smooth on the other with an intervening layer of rubber mat, designed to replace mat and towel? I guess you’re just using a regular towel at the mo. 😉

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

mzsocialworker1
    Participant

I guess I am just looking for recommendations on what works best.

They sell the yogitoes ones at the studio but I don’t know if they make any actual difference?

I use regular towels and beach towels.

For certain postures like triangle, I end up folding my towel off the mat to avoid slipping.

If I’m going to be spending $60 or $80 on something I want to make sure it actually works!

:coolgrin:

Forum Owner

Hi Allison

An idea for you! If your studio is recommending the branded name towel, if they’re willing to stand behind that product (and specifically say the others are not up to par), perhaps they’ll let you use one of their personal pre-loved towels for a session or 2 so that you can try it out.

At least at Walmart or Target if it didn’t live up to expectations you could give it back (ie not fit for purpose). I doubt at the studio you could do that, because it’s a small business.

It’s definitely worth a try 😉

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

mzsocialworker1
    Participant

Actually decided to order one from eBay that I was able to score for a fraction of the cost.

I’ve been eyeing the yogis that use them and they don’t move them off their mat at all so I am thinking it may be worth the investment.

Forum Owner

Hi Allison

I look forward to your review after you’ve had a chance to become acquainted with your new towel!

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

mzsocialworker1
    Participant

Used it today for the first time and I’m very pleased.
    No slipping at all!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top