I have heard a few different guesstimations, but am wondering if maybe you know…
About how many calories are burned for an average adult female doing a 90 minute Bikrams session? Thanks.
Posted by Danielle on 01/21 at 09:06 AM
BTW: Although this is an old thread, it is SO popular, thousands drop by here daily! So the information is very relevant. Read on!
Thanks for asking that EXTREMELY popular question. You definitely burn a lot more than regular yoga, that’s for sure. Before we get down to the actual numbers, I think that it’s important to have the right focus. So ...
What I like to tell my students is this:
1) don’t let numbers rule your experience. Throw away the scales. Don’t worry about weight, or BMI.
2) notice the changes as your systems stabilize, and your body functions better, maybe minimizing or ridding yourself of conditions or pain
3) notice the way your body tones and your clothing fits (maybe changing shape and dropping sizes)
4) notice how you feel more vital physically mentally and emotionally
5) notice that others notice the changes and wonder what you are doing.
Stay tuned. I will reconfirm my numbers and I will get back to you pronto!
Thanks for the question