pain in my buttock

pain in my buttock2009-08-06T21:00:13+00:00
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi i have pain in my right buttock i think it could be my lumbar spine maybe a herniated disc which has just started to get worst, especially if i do head to toe pose or lotus, the pain is also felt in my right knee on the inside, can you help me with some advice if it is a disc, it has now holding me back with my yoga altho back bends dont seem to aggrevate it as much
    thanks
    siobhain

abelanger26
    Participant

Hows your range of movement and the forward bends? Do you feel weaker in that leg? Back extension is the best for herniated disc.

Heres a good site to find out what to do. http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net

Might also be a piriformis syndrome : see two post below

beauty_cat
    Participant

I have the similar problem. It caused by the discs in the sacrum. sometimes the pain goes all the way down to my right foot. Also I have a degeneration arthritis in my pelvis. The doctor just told me today that it was caused by over use this area. I think I might did too much hip opening in yoga practise. And the natural path told me that I need to find the balance between yoga practise and health. Sweating crazy everyday will gradually damage my body. Now I already have skin disorder. he believes it caused by heat.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Jennifer

It’s hard to say what the problem comes from given the information in your post. It can be caused by muscular issues, disk issues, poor yoga technique problems, and yes there are people for whom over doing hip openers can cause damage… So what your naturopath says is correct, finding a balance between your practice and health is essential. For you it may come down to working out what’s causing or even what’s alleviating your pain.

Please feel free to come back and tell me more information. Maybe we can take it somewhere.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Paulinetsai
    Participant

I experienced pain in my left butt (sharp stabbing and burning) pain in the cheek. Not at all radiating down that later manifested itself as that pain PLUS a pain also in an isolated area behind my left knee and then later in the butt, the knee, AND a pain in the side of my left heel. I found out later I had torn my hamstring! from IMPROPER standing head to knee. I was being PUSHED to kick out when I wasn’t ready.
    The key is if the pain radiates or is in these( or other) spots as isolated points.
    The butt and behind the knee were from the hamsting tear and the heel was from the sciatic nerve impingement from never taking care of the tear for 8 months. Hamstring tears can take one year to heal and are common yoga injuries.
    Look it up and see if yours fits that description. I googled yoga hamstring origion tear. I just got a new medical treatment called “plasma rich protein injection” because all else has failed.
    Hope this helps.
    Namaste,
    Pauline

jtcb
    Participant

I don’t know if I have the same problem. I notice pain during spine twisting pose. It occurs when I put my foot over and beside the other leg. Any idea?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top