arthritis on toes

arthritis on toes2009-11-06T02:38:49+00:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Someone that has arthristis on toes…should they do 2nd part of awkward even if it is extremely painful? will it help or worsen?

help!
    :))

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Luna

I have a some questions:

I know you have been practicing for a while, but how frequent are you practicing? How long has this problem been bothering you? Are you sure it is arthritis? Do you have any other problems with any other joints?

You mention extreme pain and that is obviously not good! Where else are your toes bothering you? Other poses? Walking? Or just part 2 Awkward?

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

yogini
    Participant

🙂

i have arthritis for a while many years. It is most at the feet, toes. When I heard of Bikram yoga, i thought i would try it. it has been about 10 months and i have been coming around 3x times a week. yes i am sure it is arthritis. I get pain daily and some days are better than others. mostly awkward part 2 is the one that i have a hard time with.

namasté
    yogini

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi yogini

I was also wondering about gout and other crystallizations in joint spaces. Just thought I would throw that one in!

It is possible that you need more yoga. I think it could be worth increasing your weekly classes. Try going to yoga 4-5 times per week for a month and see if this helps. A month trial is a finite time period. Back off from fully loading your toes in Part 2 Awkward on days that you have to. And by that I simply mean lift the heels slightly less, or if you can lift them high just don’t lean as much into them.

You can also exercise those toe joints without so much weight bearing while sitting to try and work into them without pain and without focusing all your weight there because your bottom will be supported. Equally you can use your hands to support you when you are standing at a bench and rising up on your toes.

Since you have pain daily in these areas and if it is definitely arthritis then I am sure that these efforts will help you. Another thing would be to check out your diet. It could be worth looking into alkalinizing your intake! If you need help with that come back and I can give you some search terms. A good place to start is getting rid of meats at least as a trial (that is of course if you eat flesh products). This was just a hunch, of course I have no idea about your diet – something I thought worth mentioning.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top