fever sores

fever sores2008-05-26T02:27:03+00:00
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi i just started bikram yoga 1 week ago and since about 3 days, i got a few sores outside the area of my mouth. i was wondering if that had anything to do with my body adjusting to the heat?

namaste

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi yogini

It is hard to say what those sores are. Maybe it is a reaction to the heat. Or maybe a reaction to the stress your body is under (yoga, life in general?).

Maybe it is a the cold sore virus that has been stirred up. And maybe it has happened totally coincidentally to chime in with your yoga practice and has nothing to do with yoga at all.

Others in the forum may be able to lend an opinion or tell you of their experience, but I have not seen this before. The body is an amazing thing…

You may like to go to a doctor and have it swabbed and cultured and find out for sure (if leaving it to heal by itself is not preferred).

If you find out what it is and are willing to share it, I am eager to hear of the results

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

yogini
    Participant

hi Gabrielle,

thank you for replying. I will continue yoga with my sores…and will see what happens.
    i will keep you posted on the results!

namaste
    🙂

yogini

Micherie
    Participant

Cold sores and fever blisters are an outbreak of the herpes simplex virus and can be caused by many things, including excessive heat. If that is what you have, then you should know that outbreaks are predominantly caused by stress, menstruation, excessive sunlight, and a weakened immune system from colds, flu, or other illness. To help with outbreaks, you can introduce more natural Lysine to your diet and/or get a prescription of Zovirax (Acyclovir) or Valtrex (Valcylovir) from your doctor. Zovirax is better for treatment of outbreaks, Valtrex is better for prevention of outbreaks. Abreva is a good otc topical. The important point to bring up is that it’s important to not touch the sore, then touch your eyes. That’s hard to do when you’re sweating profusely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top