Terse Major

Terse Major2014-01-29T04:33:41+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What is the best pose to stretch this muscle, mine has gotten very tight and very painful, mostly on the left side , but both sides are hurting. It is a sharp pain like being stabbed.

bunni
    Participant

You could try using a lacrosse ball to get into the point where the muscle attaches. Lie on the floor on your back with the ball under the muscle and work it around the sensitive areas. This was a trick I learned from some Crossfitters–they always seem to be sore in that muscle!

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Tanna

I would be remiss if I didn’t ask you why your Teres (notice spelling) Major muscle is in such pain. Can you tell me what activity is causing this problem?

It’s possible that it has something to do with your practice or your posture. It is best to know some details there.

As far as stretches go there are some simple ones to do. You may know about the one where you lift an arm over your head, bend that arm so that your hand is behind your neck. Take the other hand and pull on the first arm’s elbow. Pull the elbow inward to the midline of the body.

That’s an easy one.

I am sure that there must be something that you can do on a habitual level that could stop this happening to you.

Bunni’s idea of massage with a ball is a good one. I like to use size 3 basket or soccer balls for back muscle relief. The harder the ball, the smaller the ball the more intense the intervention. So if it’s very painful go for a larger of balls (size 3 is great). And make sure it is not too hard. Release a little air if you have to.

More ideas right here if you need ’em! :cheese: or if better directions for how to use a ball if that’s the way you want to go.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top