Is it ok not to have feet together if knees are so big I need to bend one in order for the heels and toes to meet

Is it ok not to have feet together if knees are so big I need to bend one in order for the heels and toes to meet2014-06-26T21:39:17+00:00

The Hot Yoga Doctor – Free Bikram and Hot Yoga Resources Hot Yoga Doctor Forum General Hot Yoga Discussion Benefits of Hot Yoga Is it ok not to have feet together if knees are so big I need to bend one in order for the heels and toes to meet

The Hot Yoga Doctor – Free Bikram and Hot Yoga Resources Hot Yoga Doctor Forum General Hot Yoga Discussion Benefits of Hot Yoga Is it ok not to have feet together if knees are so big I need to bend one in order for the heels and toes to meet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, Is it ok if the knees are together and facing forward in standing savasana, and the feet are slightly apart? because only way I can get the feet together is my bending one of my legs due to big knees. Alas the very first pose I cannot do right.. Started April 1st.. I am 70 years old. but I do not think that has anything to do with it.. I am a hiker and scuba diver. busy with many things.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hello Sarah

Thank you for posting! It’s great that you have started practising and that you have good body awareness. I think you are on track.

Please go and check out this very recent post called Help With Balance. I go into foot position and why often it is necessary to have a space between heels … and sometimes the feet will be completely separated. No one has the same conditions in their body and physiology as the next person.

Go take a look at the detailed responses and please let me know how you go. I am happy to give more ideas if necessary.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

shesofab
    Participant

Thanks Gabrielle, I am amazingly grateful for your response.. I guess this from that link is the answer.. “Rather than thinking toes and heels together, think of knees facing forward” So I will be at ease then that the first position I am doing is ok as long as the knees face forward. plus all the other times we are told to put toes and heels together when standing.. Wish you many blessings.. Namaste. Sarah

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

I boomerang those blessings, Sarah
    Thank you!
    Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top