Tendinitis and Poses

Tendinitis and Poses2014-07-04T21:05:33+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there

I currently am working through medial epicondylitis (golfer elbow) which I may have gotten from doing a poor locust pose or lifting weights improperly. Anyway, I was wondering if there were certain poses other than locust that I should avoid. I feel some soreness from doing half moon pose sometimes. Is that common?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Walter

In order to clarify, would you be able to tell me:
    >> at what times you feel pain (poses, activities)
    >> exactly where you feel the pain
    >> how often you’re lifting weights (are they heavy or lots of reps or ? )
    >> how experienced you are at this yoga, did you have the problem when you started yoga, or do you just notice it’s worse during yoga
    >> if you’re feeling any other related pains. You mention issues in half moon. Is it at the elbow or elsewhere?

Please be as specific as you can be 🙂

Thanks! That should get us closer!

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Walterfaparicio
    Participant

Hi Gabrielle,

I have a dull pain in the medial side of my right elbow. It now hurts when I rotate (supinate). I was lifting weights on and off. Not too heavy but I’m not especially experienced with weights. I have now stopped the weights. I noticed the pain in my elbow after I had being going to yoga for several months. Before, I had no problems or pain in my elbow. I began in November and got a bit addicted (I love it!!) and started going three to four times a week. I am not too experienced but I feel like I have come a long way since I first started.

I should also let you know that I’m a professional pianist and, now, I notice the pain more after I practice my instrument (3-4 hours a day) and it concerned me extra. I feel the playing exacerbates it.

In half moon pose, I feel I may be forcing the elbow lock and I feel some soreness after it’s over. It’s strange because I feel like the tendons are relaxed in a straight elbow.

I hope that helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top