Why do benefits occur?

Why do benefits occur?2008-03-06T15:44:49+00:00
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Forum Owner

I also am interested in the benefits of the postures, but also exactly WHY the benefits are occurring.
    I also would like to know some minor modifications for people such as those who have had hip or knee replacement surgery, etc.
    Posted by Brenda on 01/21 at 11:07 AM

Hey Brenda

You and many thousands of others want to know that! It is pretty much the subject of a book itself. 😉

Here is a brief but not exhaustive summary of why the benefits occur.
    1) the tourniquet effect happens because of the movements of the poses. The twisting, stretching, bending, compressing etc limits blood flow in certain areas. The release of the pose causes the blood flow to suddenly flush through these areas to help the cleansing and healing processes.
    2) poses balance extension and flexion
    3) lymphatic drainage is enhanced through movement and deep breathing
    4) there is organ toning through the ‘massage’ via the poses regulating body systems for better function
    5) lung capacity increases from about 1/3 to 80+% through breathwork, for better gaseous exchange
    6) your heart is a muscular organ. It gets exercise, works harder and stronger.

As for the modifications:
    It really depends on the poses.
    If you want to sling me a couple of poses as examples and I can tell you what I do for the particular problem.

Generally speaking, take it easily and carefully. We’ll even use props like a stool so that the student avoids excessive pressure or weight on a limb or joint, or maybe a towel for creating space or cushioning.

Look forward to your response.
    Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top