hip scare and update

hip scare and update2009-11-15T16:47:42+00:00
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

well …. after dealing with a broken hip not once or twice but three times and having three surgeries done finally I was pain free. Yes I had a stiff and funny osteotomy gait and my hip had lost A LOT of range of rage of motion but as I said I was walking and moving with no pain YEAHHHHHHHHH. Then the cat came back as they say. I was in triangle and felt myself slip a little into my hip joint. I had NO pain and it did not hurt after or when it happened. It was the next eve. I noticed I started to ache. When I woke up I was still very sore so I phoned the surgeon. They got me in the next day (two days after triangle) by the time I got in for my x ray I could barley walk on it. I don’t mind telling you how panicked I was.
    Luckily the x ray came back safe and all is good. I packed up my little girl and went to my moms to crutch it for a few days to let it heal fully. I have seen big improvement and and can now walk on it. My strength and range of motion are coming back and the pain is going away (slowly but surely) I also got my si joint adjusted and that made a HUGE diff. I will go back again this week and just keep on it. I will be returning to yoga in about another week (with modifications!)
    please can we start a healing chant train!!!!! everyone think good thoughts and transfer them to my hip LOL
    will keep you all updated

bonmar
    Participant

Choo-choo-choo!!!! Here comes the train, I’m driving and wavin’!!!

Jeez, Amy – three times – what the heck?!

Take care, girl!

fraseram
    Participant

bonmar… I ‘m confused by your post? what r u saying

Anonymous

Um, I think she’s saying that she’s starting the healing chant train like you requested in your post (“please can we start a healing chant train”) and is driving it past your home, so you can get on it so to speak, and is expressing surprise that you are dealing with your broken hip not once, not twice, but three times…

fraseram
    Participant

lol sorry i was not thinking and distracted…. thanks for the support 🙂 I go for another x ray tomorrow and will let you know . this sucker just does not want to heal

Anonymous

lol — well, it isn’t like you don’t have ENOUGH on your plate right now!!! Hang in there, and let us know. Hope it is healing ok…

fraseram
    Participant

he dug back further in my x rays and we can see how my head is starting to flatten. treating possible blood loss to head of femur with an iv bone drug. hoping it will work and my hip will heal. a chance i will need a full hip replacement. still very sore and healing. can see mild improvements but………. go in for treatment soon and will keep you all posted.

Anonymous

Good healing thoughts your way…
    Hang in there…

yogalifer
    Participant

Sending you healing thoughts, Amy. As a by the way, my sister (who is 40 years old) has had to have both of her hips replaced due to a degenerative condition. Initially they thought that she had arthritis, but that wasn’t it. They never actually pinpointed exactly what caused the degeneration, but it was clear that she needed the replacements. She has been very active–working out daily in spite of the pain. She’s also an emergency room nurse–so on her feet a lot. She was walking four miles in a day within a few weeks of the surgery and is functioning generally much better than before. She is having to learn how to fix her gait and walk properly after having years of pain. I guess that my point is that she has been able to continue with her activity level after hip replacement surgery. If you come to that I have no doubt that you will too given your high level of commitment.

Nynn
    Participant

*sending healing thoughts*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top