total hip replacement on friday

total hip replacement on friday2010-01-13T17:21:24+00:00
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am an athlete and an avid yoga goer …… I broke my hip last year and since have had on and off problems and three surgeries. I have been out of commission in the yoga and exercise dept. since the middle of nov due to avn and pin failure of my broken hip. I am excited and nervous to report that I am going in for the final surgery on friday. They are going to finally just do a total hip. I know I have limitations for 6 weeks about midline crossing and that I cant bend over 90 degrees but after the hip has healed the prognosis is very normal. I am looking very forward to coming back into the hot room (though VERY carefully) and just getting back to life. I will keep all posted on recovery and cant wait to sweat again LOL

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Amy

I’m excited for you! Thanks for keeping me in the loop (both here and via our personal chats). I will be thinking of you and sending special healing thoughts for a quick, efficient and thorough recovery … so that you can enjoying returning to your vibrant and active lifestyle…

Wishing you well, always

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

fraseram
    Participant

so it has been over one month and yesterday was my first class back 🙂 it was so awesome !!!!!!!! It feels amazing to be back. I was very careful and modified what I need to but i felt the same benifits out of each pose. I was dripping in the sweat which felt great and came out floating. I felt NO stress pain or tension in my hip during or after class and look forward to being back.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top