30 Day Challenge

30 Day Challenge2012-06-22T07:47:22+00:00
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Gabrielle I started Bikram Yoga recently and have finished 12 Sessions in 13 days. I have challenged myself to finish 30 sessions in 30 days. So I’ll have to do a double session to make up for the one day that I missed.I had joined Bikram Yoga 4 years back but had to discontinue after a few weeks as I injured my right knee in one of the postures. There was a fluid leakage and I had to get shots in my right knee. I have had weight issues all my life but Just a year before that I had put on 50 Lbs. But now I’m 30 lbs lighter and more flexible and positive. I need to lose another 20 lbs. In last 2 weeks, ever since I started BY, instead of losing weight I have put on a few pounds. I’m definitely eating much healthier. My cravings for junk food are gone. I use to be a big wheat lover after starting BY I just can’t handle wheat so I’ve switched to rice…Steamed Rice 1/2 cup with 1 cup of Fat free yogurt and sauteed vegetables. That’s what I eat 3-4 times a day. Do you have any suggestions for me?

wladmin99
    Participant

I am chinese and i love rice…. The standard long grain white.

I yqve a feeling we are going to hear that we should be eating some other kind of rice which has a better glycemic index….maybe brown or wild…or pwrhaps throwing in some other stuff to improve the GI of the meal……

There is always quinoa, which is a grain and i soemtimea use as a substitute for rice as a side on a dinner plate…… A little chicken stock powder for flavor helps !!!!

There is also couscous which is fast to maake this comes in regular and whole wheat i believe, so i imagine the latter is better for weight, etc……Although you did say you don’t like wheat, maybe you meant breads……

pallaviprakash2009
    Participant

I never liked rice but ever since I started Bikram Yoga I just can’t digest wheat or wheat products. I eat very little Rice so I’m not concerned about the calories. I’m just surprised at the sudden taste change. Just finished my 16th session in 18 Days. Gotta do 2 doubles to finish 30 sessions in 30 days.

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Pallavi and Wayne

How did that challenge go P? I am wondering if you are still eating the same diet: Yoghurt, rice and steamed veggies. Let me know.

I for one prefer to add in (and I would definitely advocate eating) more raw veggies. Salads, juices, smoothies. If you aren’t used to eating salads, then add in a salad. And then add in another. And so on and so forth.

Find the balance. Enjoy your food (if you’re that kind of person :cheese:) and as I read somewhere recently, put a sign up somewhere or just remember that ‘salad is your main meal’. Everything else, including the grains and the meat if you choose it and the cooked stuff, is the food on the side.

Does that help? Is that what you were after?

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

pallaviprakash2009
    Participant

Hi Gabrielle, Sorry for the late response. I just finished my 8th week. My knee injury flared up so couldn’t finish 30 sessions in 30 days. I have been doing 25-26 sessions/month. So far its going good. My eating habits are now back to normal. Only concern I have is I’m putting on weight with BY. I weighed 170 and now I weigh 176. Does BY really help with weight loss?

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Pallavi

Are you fitting any better or worse into your clothes?

Oh, by the way, any challenge should only be completed when sufficient rest is provided for the body. Ideally there should be one day off per week. If you choose to go on that 7th day then so be it, at least you check into your body and see if you’re able to. It seems you did your own regulating (and did well to go as often as you did!)

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top