31 night sweats/hot flashes only since starting bikram

31 night sweats/hot flashes only since starting bikram2012-04-18T23:13:49+00:00
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Love me the bikram….

I’ve had occasional hot flashes and night sweats (once or twice every year or two since 21), but since bikram,getting lots more. And daily.

Just read a post about a 24 year old who had this….

But I am not menopausal, so wanted to hear from more people my age with this experience.

Lindsey

yogarookie
    Participant

I’m 34 and have had occasional night sweats since starting Bikram 4 months ago. Also once or twice during the day but only when exceedingly stressed/anxious. Doc is working me up (ordered labs but I haven’t had them drawn yet) but he seems overall unconcerned. He mentioned, under his breath, “maybe its just an overactive sympathetic nervous system.” So, who knows. I haven’t had one in about a month, but I probably had it happen at night a dozen times in the first two months or so. I had all my hormones checked last spring and everything was normal. I’ll let you know if anyturns up, but I suspect the body is just getting used to sweating so much, perhaps overreacts until it learns how and when to turn it on and off appropriately. Kind of like (if you’ve breastfed a baby) how your body leaks milk inappropriately at first until it gets used to doing it only when appropriate.

Andrea.*F.
    Participant

Hello Lindsey and Lisa,

It seems to me that even those people who have never had night sweats before, might experience it after starting to practise Hot Yoga.

I have a suspicion but before any statements are made I’d like to ask you some questions 🙂 :
    – How often do you practise yoga?
    – How much water do you drink on daily bases? How much do you increase that amount with on days when you practise Hot Yoga?
    – Do you take any mineral supplements? If yes, what kind is it? Do you take salt (in/on food)? If yes, what kind of salt?

Night sweats can be a sign of mineral or to be precise electrolyte imbalance in the body. You are also welcome to have a look around on this Forum. If you search for: ‘night sweats’ you’ll find that there are many conversations about it. Maybe you’ll find something that’s helpful for you?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Namaste,

Andrea

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hi Lindsey and Lisa

Have you taken a mo to look around the forum? I know there are quite lively discussions about nightsweats.

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

bunni
    Participant

Hi Lindsey,

I didn’t have too many night sweats, but I did notice that after doing Bikram yoga for awhile I started sweating more in general even after light exertion. My husband and I used to go ballroom dancing all the time, and I would sweat, but not that much. Then we went dancing after several months of regular Bikram practice…it was amazing, we were both soaked as if we had just left the Bikram studio! We just assumed it was our bodies re-calibrating for how to deal with the exertion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top