40 Days to personal revolution

40 Days to personal revolution2008-03-06T16:50:17+00:00
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Posted by Eve

I just bought this book from Baron Baptiste and am really looking forward to doing the 40 day challenge in a couple of months.

I was wondering if anybody else has done this program and what your experience/results were?

By the way; just looking through the book I would probably not to the daily yoga excercises he shows but just do a (preferably hot) yoga class every morning.

Namaste ~eve~

Signature
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they are yours.

R. Bach

Restored Content
    Participant

Posted by Hannahjustbreathe

Eve,

Baron Baptiste’s yoga is amazing, pending you find a good, nurturing studio in which to practice. I’ve been to some Baptiste studios where the yogis are, how shall we say, a little on the hard-core side. Baptiste yoga is definitely a more advanced yoga, too, being a vinyasa yoga done in a hot room. I’ve been a Bikram devotee for more than a year and a half and Baptiste classes still take it out of me big time.

As for doing a challenge, I’m actually in the process of doing one myself, only mine’s 30 days, not 40. I’m on day 11…whew! (I’ve started a blog to track the process: http://hannahjustbreathe.wordpress.com.) Although I’m sore and tired and feel all achy and strange, I think completing this challenge will be an unparalleled accomplishment for me. You should definitely try the 40 days–you won’t know if you can do it unless you try, right?

Best of luck!

Namaste…

Hannah

Restored Content
    Participant

Posted by Barb

Hannah,

Good luck on your 30 day challenge. I just finished mine yesterday (2/13) and feel great! Not just because the challenge is over, but physically and mentally as well. I’ve only been doing Bikram since October 2007, but I’m addicted. I’m 49 years old, but feel better than I have in years. My husband (who is 50) is a Bikram devotee as well. This is a man who was a runner and lifted weights for years. He has totally given it up for Bikram Yoga and will never look back.

Keep going Hannah. You can do it!

Barb

Restored Content
    Participant

Posted by Eve

Thanks Hannah & Barb

I will definately have a go, I am now doing 6 classes a week. 4 Hot, 1 Powervinyasa and 1 Yin so it is not really as the book says but it is definately a challenge.

I am thinking of starting the 40 day challenge on March 1st still preparing my meditation space etc.

Namaste Eve

Signature
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they are yours.

R. Bach

sanovia
    Participant

Somebody please tell me how to start the 30 day challenge and what it is. seynabou

Gabrielle (The Hot Yoga Doctor)
    Forum Owner

Hello seynabou

Bikram has always encouraged challenging yourself to doing 60 days of yoga in a row. Your life will change for the better in oh so many ways. This initial challenge has been attempted the world over by many Bikram yogis. Basically you do one every day with one day off per week to recover.

Many studios have modified the challenge for different reasons. Often you will find 30 and 40 day challenges all with different rules.

There is already a thread on the 30 day challenge. Have a read of the comments there and see if it answers your question. If not, feel free to post one there.

Here is the link:
    getting ready for a 30-day challenge

Namaste
    Gabrielle 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Title

Go to Top